Sunday, January 26, 2014

postcard

I think this is my favorite one to date. It has surprisingly few elements but I had fun trying some new stuff, like burning the edges of the photo and, when that didn't turn out exactly as I wanted, inking them and adding some stamps and using some paper punches. Not an original photo, just a reproduction. I may still add a color photocopy of some knot-tying out of a manual from the 50's.

#8 (The Good Old Days) 4x6" collage on cardboard

I also made a trip to one of my local antique/thrift stores. Most likely chain thrifts wouldn't have stuff like this, or at least not around my town, but one of the antique stores has this whole great nook of envelopes, discarded documents, old photos, ticket stubs, ledger books, instruction manuals, any sort of ephemera. Today I bought someone's marriage license from 1938, and a liquor permit and ledger (about 2x3") from 1952. I think I walked out with 10 or so documents, cards, and other ephemera for $15. Mostly I'll use color copies instead of originals, until I feel more secure in what I'm attempting. 

Anyways, thanks for looking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment