Monday, February 3, 2014

the morning after

This weekend, my soul/r&b/funk band had it's first show in five months.

We practiced like crazy for this show, and it. was. bumpin'. We played at the bar until they turned the lights on and kicked us out! The crowd was into it and we just rode that energy wave ALL night. The next morning, I had to get up at quarter to seven to go to my other part time job. By the time I got home, I was starving! And tired. I needed a good clean energy boost. I saw a recipe for a fried egg & avocado pizza on pinterest, but mine has a little twist.


While I did use fresh avocado, I actually made my own guacamole. It was super easy. I sliced and pitted the avocado then scooped it out with a spoon and mashed it with a generous squirt of lemon juice and some sprinklings of garlic salt and onion powder. I even had some left after I spread it on my individual pizza crust (which I did pre-bake for warmth and crispiness). I'm fortunate enough to have a local grocery store with a very excellent deli, and they have fresh pico de gallo you can buy. It's worth it to not have to make it yourself, plus there's no preservatives. A sprinkling of cheese on my fried egg and there you go. I could've made my own crust but I wasn't going that far on four hours of sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment